Yet another question about timing

karasmom
on 11/25/14 1:07 am

I've heard that the blood work done in the preop testing is only good for a month.  Did any one have to repeat the bloodwork (hence wait longer than a month) before their surgery?  I do my preop Nov 27 and see the anesthesiologist on Dec. 9th.  I am trying to figure out how likely it is that I will have surgery before Christmas.

DanielleNB
on 11/25/14 1:28 am - Canada

i think we will be before Christmas honestly!

canucksjnb
on 11/25/14 5:13 am - Canada

Not sure how that works.  I received a call today with my surgery date in January and was told to be at the hospital on Dec 15 for pre-op tests (blood work, cardiogram, chest xrays).   Best of Luck!

karasmom
on 11/25/14 6:17 am

Congrats on getting your date!  Is your surgery in Bathurst or Moncton?

Butterfly81
on 11/25/14 10:55 am

I was convinced I would be going before Christmas! And prayed to the surgery gods that I would be😔but i have a feeling it won't be .... I know they have to give is 2 weeks. Dr semerjian will not be operating the last two weeks of December. What's the chances I'll get a call for December 17!!!! That means prep diet would have to start next Wednesday. One could only hope! I'd go Christmas Eve if it meant it would be done! Lol! Let's all pray together! My last appt was November 13 with anesthesiologist I had my preop back in October 

sdpr73
on 11/25/14 6:09 am - Canada

In regards to the Bathurst clinic.  I had all my pre-op tests and blood work done in Bathurst second week of October.  Then shortly after, got my surgery date of Dec 3rd.  When they called with my surgery date they said I needed to re-do blood work as it will be more than 30days since having it done.   Anywho.... Back to my local hospital tomorrow for final blood work ( no fasting, just testing for CBC & Electrolytes) Looking forward to next Wednesday Surgery, as this Boost diet is the pits, pits, pits.  Ugh !

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1041 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1894 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1749 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1748 views