Post Op Grocery List

karasmom
on 1/6/15 6:38 am

With surgery less than a week away I am trying to get myself (and my family) organized for when I am in the hospital and my first week or so home.  Any tips / suggestions / recipe ideas for those first few days?  Any "must haves" for the pantry?

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/15 9:07 am - Oromocto, Canada

I bought some puree baby food, particularly Turkey and beef. It wasn't as bad as I thought and it was the right consistency. I worried my home food wouldn't be and that I would hurt my new stomach!  Also cream soups that you like and consommé soups.   Also picked up the protein powder that the dieticians recommended. I added that to my cream soups and yops. I just didn't like the flavour with the meat broths. Yops were good. They don't have lumps so can be drunk in the mixed liquids stage. I could do about one third at a time in the beginning. 

soniala37
on 1/7/15 6:44 pm - Canada

I bought lots of cream soups...I added powdered skim milk to it to add some protein. I would also add the powder skim milk to chocolate milk or skim milk to up the protein (I didn't like the taste of protein powder). I couldn't drink another boost after surgery so I bought some alternatives...breakfast essentials, kellogs protein shakes...etc. I also ate alot of plain greek yogurt (lots of protein)..I would mix it up with a few strawberries in my magic bullet and it came really liquified.

bigchris
on 1/11/15 6:51 am - Canada

I got apple juice and apple sauce and chocolate milk I drank gator aid and cream soup I also ate cream a wheat pudding. good luck with your surgery and a healthier life style.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1046 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views