Jan 2017 is my month, have a date with Dr Boisvert!!!

CTelly
on 11/14/16 12:34 pm

Afternoon All!!

Just wanted to give you an update to all those waiting for Dr. Boisvert in Fredericton

Referral was sent April 1/15

Got the call June 8/16

1st appointment with dietician July 7/16

2nd appointment with dietician July 19/16

2-week liquid trial diet Aug 1-15/16

Tracked all food consumed and started exercising every day 

Seen Dr. Boisvert for the first time Sept 27/16

Had a G-scope Oct21/16

continued to track all my food and exercise 

Seen Dr. Boisvert for the 2nd time Nov 14/16

Signed my consent forms and was told that surgery would be mid-Jan /17( no date yet as they are waiting on new OR schedule for the new year) 

So 2017 is going to be my year!! so excited, nervous,and incredibly thankfull( I could have hugged him, but he is not the hugging type! HEHE) 

Referal- sleeve will be 21 months 

hope this helps and gives hope to all those waiting...seems like forever but it really goes quick once you get that call..Good Luck!

threadtheneedle
on 11/14/16 12:40 pm

AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you! And as a recently referred, this totally gives me hope. :)

threadtheneedle
on 11/14/16 12:44 pm

were you given an initial expected wait time range when you were first referred? It sounds like most people were told 5-7 years but ended up getting it done a lot faster. I was told 2-4 years today by his office, so I'm curious if that means it will be EVEN FASTER for me, or if they are just getting more accurate with their time frames. ha ha

CTelly
on 11/15/16 6:02 am

No, I was not given a timeline( wait time) 

I don't know what his weight times are like

But I am hoping everything moves along quickly for you 

He does do other surgeries as well so he is very busy, he is not strictly a bariatric surgeon.

Sorry, I am not more of a help :(

Sunnyskiesahead
on 11/15/16 4:22 am

That is amazing news!  Your new life is approaching fast.

aliciamcknight
on 11/18/16 12:38 pm - Marrtown, Canada

That's awesome! I am having my scope done on Monday.  I am terrified that he will tell me I have a hiatial hernia which means he wont preform the surgery.    I should be right behind you sometime in Jan/Feb for the surgery :)

CTelly
on 11/21/16 3:58 am

Keep us posted!!!

I know I was terrified as well, but I hope it goes great 

Good luck

aliciamcknight
on 11/21/16 2:46 pm - Marrtown, Canada

Scope went great! It was a breeze and he said everything looked good to go! YAY! I was so releived I cried into the drool towell lol  Now to wait patiently for Erin to book me to go back and see him. Patience is not my strong suit lol  I am just so excited for this new chance at life

CTelly
on 11/21/16 4:06 pm

yahoo, see I told you it would be fine 

the waiting is what kills!!!

hopefully soon!

I am still waiting for " the big date", come on OR schedule LOL 

aliciamcknight
on 11/25/16 11:13 am - Marrtown, Canada

I see him December 6th to sign the papers!!! Did you get the "Big date" yet?  I was soooo hoping to have it done in december  but I dont see that happening.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views