Lapband and RNY revision

briannedaigle
on 12/27/16 5:49 pm

Hello friends

I am struggling with what I am about to go through...  I had the lapband surgery back in 2008 in Bathurst and It wasn't successful.  

I lost about 50 ish pounds which is great but had another surgery on my port since the "pick line" was leaking.  After that, I remained pretty constant weight wise.  I started walking and lost another 40 ish pounds which was great but had an injury so I couldn't do it anymore.  I had a hard time with my lapband and with the combinaison of both, I chose to get the remaining saline removed.

A year went by and I am back at around 253.   I recently had two surgeries (gallblader removed and stones and appendicities) and the doctor believes that it would be better to remove my lapband and get the gastric bypass surgery instead.  I agree but I am struggling when people ask (and not many people know I'm doing this), well... why do you think that this one will work?  It makes me question the process, and that I feel like a failure.  Do I go through it again or am I destined to be the size I've been most of my life.

The lapband is out for sure but I'm still struggling about the RNY.  Anybody with some insights?  Are you happy with your decision?  Would you tell me not to do it?  I'm still waiting for my call for the full day event and the surgery date so I know I will know more and can ask questions but I'm curious what you would say.

:)

Thank you so much.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views