ONE Year tomorrow!!

Megall
on 5/8/17 7:03 pm - Canada

Tomorrow, May 9th, is my one year surgiversary!

It's hard to believe how much has changed in a year. I've gone from a tight size 28 to a loose size 18 for jeans, a size 4X at Penningtons, to wearing an XL at Reitmans. I've lost 118 lbs so far, and am down 129lbs from my highest weight recorded. I can walk around my block briskly and not be gasping for breath. I can crank out an hour on the elliptical like it's nothing. I've had to pull the seat up in my car to drive it properly now that my belly is no longer in the way. I'm wearing dresses now, and skirts, I'm looking forward to summer for the first time in my adult life. I flew in an airplane and didn't need a seat belt extender, or for the armrest to be raised to fit my hips. I can paint my own toenails AND breathe at the same time! LOL

I still have about 60 lbs to lose, but I have no doubt that with watching my food intake and upping my exercise that I will achieve that goal this year. Right since day 1 I've kept track of my eating using the LoseIt app. Even if I go off plan and have a treat I still track it so I know where I am for the day, and that is where I believe my success has come from. I feel like this surgery has given me my life back.

For anyone still on the waiting list - don't give up hope. Your turn will come, and I hope that your experience is as positive and life changing as mine has been.

the next step for me is to keep losing, and next winter contact Dr. Boisvert's office to start talking about skin removal surgery. Again, this will be yet another surgery that will change my life. But I've got to finish this journey first before I start the next one.

Sunnyskiesahead
on 5/10/17 11:33 am

Way to go! Surgery gave you a new life and you have come so far.

KL_Girl
on 5/11/17 3:47 am

What an inspirational and encouraging story! You have done SO WELL and are so positive! From someone still waiting, it is so nice to hear....keep up the great work and please keep us in the loop on your progress! Way to go!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1032 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1884 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1740 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1739 views