Uncomfortable around port area and it's been MANY years

Krista C.
on 9/21/17 3:12 am - Quispamsis, Canada

I do have an appointment to see Dr B next Thursday but wondering who has been through this. Last Monday, I thought I "pulled" a muscle in my abs but it seems to be ongoing. I called the nurse to see if I should go to my local hospital but she said to come see Dr B. Have others been through this? Could it be a slip / flipped port after all these guys? It's been about 9 years I think. I haven't had a fill in well over a year and very little weight loss so I don't know what might have spurred this.

On another note, I can't seem to lose - stuck around 195 and I'm only 5'2. Don't want another surgery, fills are a cycle (too much, take some out, too little, put some in). I'm considering getting it unfilled to try a bigger variety of foods but also worried I will gain back more weight.

Krista C.
on 6/1/18 3:26 am - Quispamsis, Canada

Update - still in pain and Dr B gave cortisone shot end of March with no results. I've asked to have the band removed as I am now doing keto, have dropped 40 lbs and believe I can handle life without the band. I can surely handle life without the pain.

Krista C.
on 8/27/18 10:29 am - Quispamsis, Canada

Removal scheduled for tomorrow.

Smurfette Smurf
on 2/25/20 12:04 pm - Fredericton, NB, Canada

I am looking to talk to someone who has had their band removed. How did you ever make out?

Krista C.
on 2/25/20 2:26 pm - Quispamsis, Canada

Gained almost everything back that I had lost. Very depressed about it.

Smurfette Smurf
on 6/20/21 5:59 pm - Fredericton, NB, Canada

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. I have been having issues and I am schedule to see Dr. B July 22, 2021. I am really hoping that I do not have to have it removed. I am 12 years post op and have lost 100lbs but am afraid I may gain it back if I have to have the band removed. Were you not able to have a different type of surgery?

Jenn

Krista C.
on 6/21/21 4:15 am - Quispamsis, Canada

I didn't ask for another surgery as I was at my goal weight at the time. I pushed for the removal as it was causing me discomfort for over a year. I wish I had let things be now.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views