Wait times

nbgwen
on 10/25/17 9:21 am - Rusagonis, Canada

Hi all - I'm just wondering what the average wait times have been for others. I called Dr. Savoie's office today just to see how long my wait is, and was told 2 more years. I feel like bawling.

I have MS, asthma, arthritis, depression, anxiety, lots of stress, etc, etc, etc. I've been trying to lose on my own and failing over and over. I get discouraged, pain stops me, then my depression hits and I just cycle through it all over and over again. I know I'll have loose skin, I don't care. I need this weight gone. I feel like I'm walking in a fat suit, I can feel it move as I move.

I have three kids - 17, 16, and 3. My kids are all active. I WANT to be healthy and active for them. I want to feel good!

What kept or keeps you going through this process? What exercise routines have you managed to get into and maintain - what keeps you motivated? I feel like I have been screaming for help for years and I'm losing hope.

I'm having a really bad day. I've been reading this forum off and on. Everyone sounds so positive.

CStewart
on 12/6/17 4:49 am

Hi!

I have been on the wait list for 6 years and I finally had my consult in April 2017. I was told from that time it would be another 6 months for sessions (dietician, counseling, etc.) to prepare and then another 6 months till surgery. I called yesterday to update my contact information and I was told it would be April 2018 at least before I got into the sessions to prepare. So all said and done, I've been waiting 7 years!

I have Lupus and it affects my joints so I am hoping this surgery will aliviate some of that pain. I suffer from extreme fatigue too. Some days I can barely function.

I am currently on Weigh****chers trying to lose on my own to prepare. It is the hardest thing I have ever done and I am taking it one day at a time. I only walk for exercise but right now I am just focusing on eating good foods.

I've struggled with my weight for the last 10-15 years.

Sunnyskiesahead
on 12/14/17 6:55 am

I had to wait 7 years for my surgery. I really just put it out of my mind and focused on getting as healthy as I could on my own. I started swimming and walking. It is really hard when you do the work and the weight does not come off, but when you get to surgery you will recover that much better. Exercise is so good for mental health as well.

One day at a time, one step at a time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1046 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1902 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1754 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views