Females = What birthcontrol do you use post op?

jttaurus
on 3/13/06 12:54 pm - Charlotte, NC
Oh, i'm 32 and need to find a birth control method now that i'm 3 weeks post op. I keep putting it off and I haven't found a dr to care for my neediness. I'm trying to avoid the baby . My dr said 18 months to 2 years before I can have a child. I don't want to abstain that long, or else I won't be happily married. Hee.... Anyone know any good ob's offices in gastonia? I had a bad experience once with one. I am being extra cautious but I cannot be on this gaurd when real life picks back up again.
I Believe
on 3/13/06 1:49 pm - Bessemer City, NC
Hey Jennifer! My hubby Michael was back in the hospital when you had your surgery! He originally had his on 2/13 with Dr. B. but ended up back there on 2/20 for 5 days....so we may have seen you! I really do like Dr. B. but Michael is just an unusual case for him. He had swelling around his new poach opening and could not get enough fluids in and was hurting as well and doing too much exercise!!! He has been through it~ His new tummy is only 20-25cc instead of the 30cc as normal with Dr. B...Michael's was made a bit too small for some reason....he has lost about 32 pounds already and is doing better than he was. I still worry that he does not get enough fluids and protein. As far as a doctor, have you tried Dr. Vicki Light. I hear she is real good as well as the other doctors in her group. They are all females. I keep meaning to get an appointment for myself with them. I was not too happy with my last doctor and want to change. Best of luck! Nancy
jttaurus
on 3/13/06 11:25 pm - Charlotte, NC
Nancy, I'm sorry your husband has been an unusal case. I am SHOCKED at how easy my recovery is. I could honestly sleep some more, but they said that's normal. I am amazed. I'm only 3 weeks out and returning to work tomorrow. There's really no more time left for me to be off work, since I'm doing great. I hope michael get's through this soon. I know it's gotta be tough for both of you. I saw your post you lost 118 lbs if I'm correct? Wow! That's amazing. As for Northeast medical - I think we might have been across from each other. I was there from 2/22-2/24. I had a nurse named dixie that thursday night and she kept me awake all night when she came into my room. Every hour. I was so happy to be released and get off all the medical gadgets. I will check out that dr. I work in Charlotte so maybe I might look for someone near work, for convience? I wish my primary care dr did this, so I wouldn't have to go to a second dr. I love my primary care dr. Jennifer Thanks everyone else. I've heard mixed reviews of the IUD. Pills are out, I don't want shots Yuck.
Krista L.
on 3/13/06 9:34 pm - Charlotte, NC
I'm Pre-op, but just a little word on the birth control type. I have an IUD, it stays in place (unless I want it out) for 5 years and you don't actually have to do anything. It is just as effective as BC pills in a normal person. I went this route after my son because I did not want back to back kids and I was breastfeeding which the pill can interfere with. I also have several friends who are happy with the patch too... Just something to think about. Krista
Nancy Hall
on 3/13/06 9:48 pm - Charlotte, NC
Krista, So do I and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I did pills for like 15 years and decided to try something different and am SO glad I did. Nancy H
Aunty Emme
on 3/14/06 5:29 am - Lower piedmont, NC
Used to use the nuva ring.... worked well! As far as OB-GYN, I have gone to a doctor in Charlotte for 7 years I love - Dr. Horner at Amity Obstetrics. He's a terrific man. melissa
bobbie101
on 3/15/06 1:06 pm - Concord, NC
Love, love, love the Mirena IUD! Lasts for 5 yrs and I don't have to give it a 2nd thought! Get thee to a gyn and beg them to install it! LOL!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views