I am 17 and about to have GBS PLZ PLZ I NEED SOME SUPPORT

Rita N.
on 3/14/06 1:31 am - Garland, NC
Hey I am awaiting my acceptence letter right now and I really need some people to talk to and that can give me support plzz comment!! Thnx go to my profile to learn more!
Krista L.
on 3/14/06 2:34 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Rita, My heart goes out to you sweetie. I know exactly what you are going through and have been through. I've been overweight since age 6. I'm 26, so a little older than you, but if you want someone to talk to, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I am not sure where Garner is, I live in Charlotte, NC. Take Care, Krista
Lisa L.
on 3/14/06 3:07 am - Winston Salem, NC
Hi Rita and welcome to the board. I'll have my fingers crossed that your acceptance letter gets here FAST (the waiting is the hardest part!). Feel free to post and talk to all of us here. You are among friends. Lisa L.
Nancy Hall
on 3/14/06 4:14 am - Charlotte, NC
Hang in there, Rita! I know it seems like forever, but one day soon you'll get that wonderful phone call or letter telling you that you are approved! And it is the most exciting feeling ever! I'm alot older than you, but can definitely feel your pain. I've been fighting this as long as I can remember.
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/06 5:16 am
hi rita!!!! how exciting for you!!! you have a second chance at life!!! i feel like i've had a second chance and am now going to turn 40 in april. i think to do this at 17....as challenging as it is....is very exciting!! you will do great. feel free to email anytime. i'm sure you are nervous but after the surgery everything falls into place. make sure and ask any and all questions...and follow the rules!! it is very important to exercise..just walking if that is all you can do and to take your vitamins...if you follow the rules you will feel like a new person in no time!!! you have my best wishes!!! susan
masek77
on 3/14/06 5:25 am - Albemarle, NC
Rita hold your head up high. The people in your life who treat you badly now are just sorry superficial shells of real human beings. When you are done with the surgery and have lost your weight these same people will come around again. I hope you remember what Ive said when that day comes. Forgive them but never forget. Take care of yourself.....
wlsprincess
on 3/14/06 5:27 am - Angier, NC
Hey Rita-Just wanted to let you know that Village surgical is having ther support group meeting on Thursday night and I know it helped me alot to attend these meetings while I was waiting. Donna Carter and all the staff at Village are all so helpful and since some have gone thur it all they know how you feel.Hope to see you on Thursday and if I can be of any help let me know!! I am an oldie (surgery was done 2 1/2 years ago), but I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.-Wendy-
Phenomenal Woman
on 3/14/06 7:59 am - Eastern, NC
You are so brave. I am waiting for approval now but I should have had this surgery or at least done something about my weight along time ago. I applaude you for being so brave. Don't give up on life and life wont give up on you. If you like you can e-mail me anytime. Everyone on this site knows about the place that you are in. I just encourage you to work on your mind. GBS is just a tool, not magic. Please allow yourself to learn from the tool. Take care and never stop being brave. Phenom
DonnaL
on 3/14/06 9:24 pm - NC
Hi Rita - I am also using Dr. Davidson. Good Luck with everything. Dr. Davidsons office and staff are great and I know we are both in great hands. Donna
Rita N.
on 3/15/06 8:34 am - Garland, NC
Thnx so much its awesome we have the same doc. plz keep in touch my email is [email protected] or [email protected] Much Love Rita
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views