Psych eval.....

masek77
on 3/14/06 5:40 am - Albemarle, NC
What do they ask you? What was the experience like?
A_brand_new_me
on 3/14/06 5:48 am - NC
Hey Robert... My psych eval was a breeze. Basically, he just had me tell him about myself...as a child, growing up, my family, etc. Wanted to see what all I had tried to lose weight. Wanted to make sure I had really researched and thought about my decision. I was there for almost an hour and it was really relaxed. We just talked. I didn't have to do a "test" as I have heard some people did. Hope yours is as easy as mine. Good luck.
jttaurus
on 3/14/06 6:33 am - Charlotte, NC
Mine was like an interview. They asked the questions I gave the answers. Nothing was long or detailed. You control what you tell them. I had to go back for a computer question and answer test too. That was tedious, all true or false statements. Jen
L_Cashion
on 3/14/06 6:34 am - Maiden, NC
Robert, This is primarily to tell them if we can handle our new way of life. Many questions were asked of me about how I would handle the new way I would have to eat FOREVER. Also why I felt this was my only option to lose weight. I even cried at my first appointment when I told the Psychologist that I had a 25 year old son who had never seen his mom thin enough to wear jeans, and even though that may seem trivial it was important to me. The appointments (2) also consisted of questions on a computer, a few the first time, many more the second time. Nothing really to be worried about, just answer honestly. They will try to ask questions differently to see if you answer the same way. I remember a lot of questions about whether or not I ever wanted to kill myself or anyone else. I guess to see if depression is a factor. I was ready to "kill" that long line of questions when I was finished! Ha Ha! You'll do fine. Good luck! Lynne
tigersmom
on 3/14/06 6:39 am - Kinston, NC
Hi Robert, mine was great, I did have to fill out about 4 pages of questions, nothing hard pretty basic things about yourself, I did this while I was waiting to be called back, so it didn't take away from my time with the Dr. Dr. made it real easy, they really just want to make sure that you have researched this surgery and understand fully what you're asking to be done, because it's for life, and want to make sure you will be able to change your way of life to make this surgery work for you for the rest of your life. Also want to know how much family and friends support you have. It's nothing to sweat over, even though I did, until I met the Dr. I told him I had been and he just laughed. You'll be Fine, I've read alot of your post and it sounds to me like you're aware of pretty much every aspect and really want it. Thats what will count, not that you think it's a quick fix, because it's not! Sorry I'm so long winded..... Take care, good luck, Perry W.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views