What the heck????

jamey0509
on 3/14/06 6:07 am - Charlotte, NC
I've been on the liquid diet over a week and today while looking in the mirror I noticed black dots on my tongue...ewwww!!! I've never seen or heard of this before so I looked it up on the internet and the only two causes that would apply to me are using a strong mouthwash (I'm a Listerine user--the old-fashioned stuff), and antacids, which I only started using for the calcium on this liquid diet...I've been using Listerine forever, so is it the antacids? Please put my mind at ease...has anyone ever noticed this????? What do you do about it??? I have a dentist appt. on Thursday, but hopefully I can do something about it before then. (I'm paranoid about dental hygiene so I can't imagine it is because I've been lax...if anything I've been more paranoid.) Help!!!!
march-hare
on 3/14/06 7:01 am - Huntersville, NC
I had exactly the opposite post op.... my tongue turned white cause I had thrush. Im dont think it is serious but you should definitely call your doctor. How much longer??? Gail
jamey0509
on 3/14/06 7:27 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Gail, Thanks for asking...I am exactly one week...next Tuesday at 10:30. I'm over the nervousness and am ready for the "after" part...How are you doing now? (I went to the drugstore on the way home and bought an electric toothbrush and a tongue-scraper and brushed and it is gone now.) Jamey
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 568 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1598 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1292 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1630 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2661 views