Pug mom D update............

english
on 3/14/06 6:49 am - Matthews, NC
Folks, have just goten back from Charlotte Presby, where Allison had her surgery this morning. We got to the hospital at 6.15am, made our way up to the nurses station where we had to check in. At 6.30am exactly a nurse whisked Allison away and next time I saw her she was lying in a bed, in a nice purple gown with a warm air vent attached. She was so comfortable, being able to regulate her own temp. We then went down to the pre-op area around 7.45am where I kissed her good-bye. Sitting in the op waiting area a lady came to me at 8.35am and informed me that Allison was in surgery. Then at 9.20 I was ushered in to the consultation room, where 2 minutes Dr. Melkonian appeared. Everything went extremely well, the surgery actually lasting around 40 minutes. They kept her in recovery/post-op for a while after and then moved her up to her own room, where she is now resting. I left her to come home feed dogs etc and have spoken to her twice and she is in good spirits, wants to get up and walk around but the staff have said she can do that later before she goes to sleep. So, I will be back up to see her tomorrow morning and spend the day with her...... And then home on Thursday...... All for now folks, any more news I will post as/when I can. Gavin.
march-hare
on 3/14/06 6:55 am - Huntersville, NC
Thanks Gavin. Tell her I am thinking about her and tell her to USE THE BUTTON (LOL.) Glad she is well. Dr. Kuwada allowed me to have sugar free peppermints post op to help with the queasy feelings. But dont be a hero ....take the meds. Great to hear she is doing well. Give her my love. Gail
Lisa L.
on 3/14/06 7:29 am - Winston Salem, NC
Thanks for keeping us posted, Gavin. I am glad she is doing so well. Tell her all of us pre-ops are waiting for her to come back and tell us how wonderfully easy it all was. Lisa L.
jamey0509
on 3/14/06 8:25 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi again, I just did talk to Allison and she sounds so great! I would never of guessed she had surgery today if I didn't know it! See you guys tomorrow evening! I passed along to her everyone's kind words. Jamey
Shawnteria Cornelius
on 3/14/06 9:10 am - Charlotte, NC
Thanks for updating us and I am so happy she came through this. Tell her that she is in our prayers and I wish her a speedy recovery. Yeah Pug to a new life.
daisyb
on 3/14/06 9:29 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Gavin, What great news!! So glad Allison is doing so well. And a big THANK YOU to you for keeping us posted on her. Please send her my best.Have a great evening! Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1603 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1296 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1632 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2664 views