MOM GIVE ME A BREAK!!

lele2
on 3/14/06 11:49 am - Troutman, NC
O.K. if you read my last post I was ready to devour EVERYTHING being 1 week post op tomm. I read how people that had the surgery the same day I did was up cleaning and feeling good. Well I tried today to keep busy so I wouldn't want food so much and my mom hollars at me and said Im not giving my body a break or time to heal. In all honesty I feel better going non stop then sitting around. Its like the uncomfortable feeling goes away a little the more I do. I scrubbed parts of my carpet by hand, scrubbed my couch, took all the cushion covers off and washed them, vaccumed the same floor twice and did tons of laundry. Unfortunatly, with a 2yr old and a 6yr old you can't tell anything was done. Thanks for all the replys with my last post, it really helps having someone supporting you. How often are we suppose to see the nutrionist or is it optional?
Lisa L.
on 3/15/06 3:27 am - Winston Salem, NC
Hey Lisa. I am pre-op, but when I had my hysterectomy last summer, I felt the same way as you. I felt like I was going crazy just sitting or lying still hour after hour. If you feel better from doing a little physical activity, I say go for it. As far as the nutritionist, I know Dr. Fuzz makes you seen her after every follow up appointment for the first year.
ANGIET
on 3/15/06 3:32 am - Conover, NC
I agree with "moving" around, but I think what you have done is a bit too much. I wouldn't want to undo something and end up back in the hospital. Moms can be a headache sometimes, but its because they love us. Don't over do it, you May pay for it later. Anyway for two weeks you are not supposed to be lifting more than 10lbs. My laundry weighs that, so pls be careful. Just call me concerned!! angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1602 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1295 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views