Going to my first WLS in April

debsjoy
on 3/15/06 11:22 am - Marshville, NC
Hi Every one, well I am new in here, and I have many questions, first of all like many others have been over weight all my life, never seen a skinny day, only in my dreams. I have been checking this out for some time, and even went once to Dr. Melkonian and he said he would do the surgery, but then by the time I got home found on my answering machine a message that my insurance wouldn't cover the surgery, so I was very disappointed,Now we have blue cross and blue shield, but now I am 54 and will be 55 in April and I understand that he doesn't operate on people over 55, and I know how long it takes to get things done, I know Dr. Vollinger takes patients as old as 60, has any one been to him and what is he like if any one has been to him that is, also, do you have to have gone to a doctor every year for five years, for there have been times I haven't been sick and didn't go one year, so that would be a problem, I am a very young at heart grandmother, and hope to be able to live a better life before I am toooooo old. I live in Marshville and have lived in NC for five years now, so I don't have a lot of friends. So I'd like to hear from some one. so many things going through my head, things to ask.
Cisyann
on 3/17/06 8:34 pm - Charlotte, NC
Dr. Roc Bauman in Concord is the best there is and he will do surgery at least to age 60 I know. He has never had a death and has a very low complication rate. My surgery is April 18th and I just turned 52. Also Northeast Medical Center is a Center of Excellence and that may make it easier to get insurance approval. Hope this helps. It's only about a 30 minute extra drive from Charlotte. Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1602 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1295 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views