Good evening.....

masek77
on 3/15/06 11:33 am - Albemarle, NC
After mailing out 15 letters to various surgeons in NC I have received replies from only 7 of them. Of the 7 replies, 4 either no longer perform bariatric surgery or dont accept medicaid. Of the three that accept medicaid I have "tentatively " chosen Dr Voellinger in Charlotte. In trying to contact my local VR about this, I discovered that the approval process is generally slower than medicaid according to the lady I talked to. She did everything she could think of to disuade me from WLS and I got the feeling she did that to everyone. Next is an appointment to go to a seminar in Charlotte and then they will give me some kind of packet to fill out and return. My concern is the 6 months of supervised dieting. Through my PCP I have been on a supervised diet but we didnt meet every month to discuss this with him. He put me on various drugs to lower appetite, etc including phentermine but nothing worked. My question is if I went to a supervised diet with meetings every 2 or 3 months for at least a year, will that suffice?
j s
on 3/15/06 12:24 pm - rocky mount, NC
Robert hello jennifer here from Dr Malik's office I called and left u a message if we can help u let me know Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views