What is Support?

A.D.
on 3/16/06 11:21 pm - Matthews, NC, NC
Hello All , I am home and doing great as my husband Gavin has told you all. I want to thank you all for the well wishes and prayers , I know you sent my way. I also want to thank Gavin, he was by my side from the start, he is the best husband ever, I love him so dearly, without his love and support I would have never been able to do this. Gavin I can not use words to express just what you are to me. I love you Darling. Thanks for the wonderful plant in the lovely vase Jamie, I LOVE IT . I did so enjoy your visit ( I bet you thought my friend Amy was a trip, she is but we all love her anyways , she is a nut ) . I feel good, much better than I thought I would really. I am trying to drink, drink drink, and it is hard. The worst part of the surgery was having my IV in my neck, as the doctors could not get a vein anywhere else to hold it , it felt freaky having the tube in my neck, thank god it is gone, now my neck looks like a huge purple knot. My tummy is fine, I have had a couple showers no problem. When the tube came out . yikes, it only lasted a few seconds, and for that I am thankful, it hurt, it was not very nice, poor Gavin I squeezed his poor hand like I was giving birth . Glad to be home, going back to the sofa now , Love you all. Allison
ANGIET
on 3/17/06 3:26 am - Conover, NC
Glad to hear you are doing good!! Ouch, my neck hurts now. IV's are awlful anyway, not to even think about the neck. You are very lucky to have a husband that supports you and stands by you. Thank God everyday for him, because it is truly a blessing. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Angie
jamey0509
on 3/17/06 4:03 am - Charlotte, NC
Hey Girl, Glad to know you're doing good. You're very welcome for the plants and I did enjoy visiting with your friends and yourself. You take it easy and concentrate on getting the fluids and vitamins you need to get your energy back...When I'm through it next week and get back on my feet we can start exercising!!! How much have you lost so far???? I was pleased to see that, as of this morning, I've lost 16 pounds on liquidsand I have my monthly beast now, so I'm hoping after a couple of days the scales will move a little bit more before my big day on Tuesday! Call me when you feel like it and we'll get our popsicle party together. Jamey
march-hare
on 3/17/06 5:07 am - Huntersville, NC
I had to get a central line too. Was it weird or what? I am glad to hear you home and doing well. Take care of yourself. I came home weighing 10# more than when I went in, it is all finally gone. It looked like I was wearing boxing gloves, my hands were so puffy! In additon to the 10#'s of fluid , as of this morning, I am....drum roll please......10 1/2#'s gone forever. AMAZING. Gail
Lisa L.
on 3/17/06 8:14 am - Winston Salem, NC
Hey Allison! Great to see you posting for yourself (not that we didnt appreciate Gavin...just nice to see you are feeling good enough to do so on your own)! The IV in the neck sounds....*shudder*...painful. I bet the pugs are happy to have the momma home, eh?! Lisa L.
Cisyann
on 3/17/06 8:12 pm - Charlotte, NC
Glad you're home and doing great !!! I read about the success of other people and I'm so looking forward to my surgery on April 18th. Time just goes so slow !!! I can tell you know how blessed you are to have a great husband !!! Keep the pounds falling off !!! Rhonda Mint Hill
Ro Smiley
on 3/18/06 6:28 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Allison! I have been offline for the past few days, but wanted to say hello & tell you how glad I am that you are doing well. Welcome to the losing side. I hope that the jorney continues to get easier for you. Can't wait to see the shrinkin' you! Roberta
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views