Appeal Letter Samples

jsdeese
on 3/21/06 8:34 am - Rougemont, NC
Hey everybody, I was wondering if any of you out there had a "template" for an appeal letter. BCBS of Alabama turned me down because of the required weights for 3 years. I sent them records of my weights from 1999 through present, but because I didn't have any recorded weights for 2004 they said I didn't meet their criteria. So I was morbidly obese from 1999 through 2003, then lost a bunch of weight for one year and became healthy, and then back to super morbidly obese at present.... just doesn't make sense to me why they can't get an average like some of the other insurance providers do. Anyway, this is what I need help with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please email me! Thanks so much! Jon
perryla
on 3/21/06 8:48 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hey Jon I don't have any appeal letter templates or such, but wanted to let you know that I am behind you in prayer. I do know that it would help if your PCP would write a letter to the insurance company and with your surgeon ask for a phone session with the insurance companies physician. I think they call this a peer interview, but I may be mistaken. Be persistent. My PCP told me to be persistent because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Larry
AmmUnique
on 3/23/06 4:17 am - Hurdle MIlls, NC
hey hey! I am doing an appeal with Medicaid. There is a great site that shows you an example of appeal letters: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/question.php?N=C1143052599 Hope this helps. Thats the guidline im going by for mine
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1601 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views