Google...

Krista L.
on 3/22/06 1:39 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi All, It's Krista in Charlotte. I changed my profile name because I just found out something that bothers me. Did you know that if you go out to Google and put your own name in that it will bring up your OH profile? I did not know this. The things I put in my profile I don't mind sharing with people who are either researching the surgery, having the surgery or know someone having the surgery ... BUT I was not prepared to have my thoughts and experiences readily available for anybody who puts my name into Google. Just thought that I may not be the only one who didn't know this. I thought I would share. Thanks, Krista
masek77
on 3/22/06 2:16 am - Albemarle, NC
I googled my name and found one instance where I posted on a forum several years ago but thats it. I think Ill change my profile anyway. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
Nancy Hall
on 3/22/06 2:24 am - Charlotte, NC
Know what else? My PCP got married and her aunt googled her name when she was preparing for a toast for her wedding. SHE PULLED UP MY OH PROFILE!!!!!! Although I only use my first name, she knew it was me. I'm glad I said wonderful things about her!!!!!! Nancy
Dee L.
on 3/22/06 2:49 am - Charlotte, NC
I typed my name but nothing came up under my name........whew that is good. but I will keep watch for it thanks for the reminder.Dee
Richard Penatzer
on 7/8/06 1:13 am - bangor, ME
Congrats on your 120 pounds . I cant wait to be there.. your 120 that is an inspiration!!!
tigersmom
on 3/22/06 5:42 am - Kinston, NC
Hi, Thanks for the tip, I checked mine and nothing, guess I'm not important or famous enough to be on there Take Care Perry W.
W. Wait
on 3/22/06 6:13 am
That is why I used my initials when I did my profile. Like you I don't care about sharing with people from this site, but I don't want just anyone to google me ! By the way I am new to OH and am just getting started with Dr. B. Will be having all my test next week.
Phenomenal Woman
on 3/22/06 6:22 am - Eastern, NC
I posted a warning about that back in the summer but another thing that is being done with profiles and blobs is that some companies find them and have a right to use them to determine if they will hire you. Teenagers are using blobs and posting personal and even some tragic things and companies are wanting to know about these things . . . like a window into the past or something. This is the reason that I changed my name as well. Because of being able to be googled. But I think only things that are public can be googled and there is a place where you check for it to be public or not. I was able to pull up a court date on myself but no information came up on the court date. Just be careful. Phenom
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/06 7:48 am
hi i sort of realized this a while back but this time i changed my name...taking my last name out. i guess i didn't write anything bad but i don't like the idea of how easily it comes up!!!! take care susan
Lulu C.
on 3/22/06 10:02 am - Jacksonville, NC
Hey I found this out like 6 months ago and when I google my name the site info for here still comes up. I had to close my account and start over. When you click on the OH through google now nothing about me comes up because OH deleted it all because my account was closed. But it still gives out more info than I would like on the google site. You now how after the title you googled it gives like 2 lines of info. Well in that 2 lines it talks about the surgery. My location and age. So... you still know it was me. I'm hoping itwill go away soon!!!! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views