Had to back up a few steps

Maureen M.
on 3/23/06 2:04 am - Shelby, NC
Dear ones, Well I finally got my staples out yesterday. What a relief -- I can scratch now without fear of pulling them out or of infection. I have not fell well for a few days. Basically, we narrowed it down to my being eager and forging ahead to include more proteins and solid foods in my diet. And I am still having problems fluid retention since surgery. I had been on lasix for a long time before surgery and my doctor stopped it. Then with all the IV fluids in the hospital and salty soups when I got home, I was swelling up. After getting put back on lasix, I am doing much better. Now if we can just get my blood sugars down they are running in the upper 200's and I'm not happy with that. We stopped my insulin just after surgery and my surgeon expects it to even out fairly soon. I am so looking forward to the end of shots. I have needed a few shots of short- acting insulin. I'm off to see my regular doctor for my regular 90 day visit. I hope he's surprised to see 27 pounds gone forever. With love and many blessings, Maureen
tfleming
on 3/23/06 2:08 am - Raeford, NC
Maureen, Isn't it great to go to the doc for your first visit and actually see on the scales, you can feel it on your body but to look at number is great. I hope that your fluid retention gets better and also the blood sugars. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep up the great job you are doing. Take care. Tammie
Sandi0521
on 3/23/06 3:01 am - Gastonia, NC
Hey Maureen, I'm glad you're feeling better....I hope everything works out better...Take care of yourself..... Sandi
Lisa L.
on 3/23/06 3:13 am - Winston Salem, NC
Hey Maureen. I have a problem with fluid retention too, but I am hoping it will decrease significantly after surgery. I am glad you are feeling better and those staples finally came out! Enjoy the freedom of mobility! Lisa L.
I Believe
on 3/23/06 11:01 am - Bessemer City, NC
Hey Maureen! I know just getting those staples out makes a world of difference! I pray all gets better for you and you continue to heal and do well...just take it a day at a time! God Bless! Nancy
Gloria P.
on 3/24/06 3:03 am - Cherryville, NC
Maureen, Where in Shelby do you live? I work her at the Shelby Police Department and had Lap RNY on 2-21-2006 at Frye Regional Medical Center. Gloria
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views