3 month Post-op update

jetamije
on 3/23/06 5:20 am - charlotte, NC
I am sorry I haven't been on much lately but have been feeling really bad. I went through antibiotic pills, antibiotic liquid, and then finally antibiotic injections on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. to get rid of my sinus infection. In the process thrush developed because of all of the antibiotics. Taking all the antibiotics also tiggered diarrhea. I was unable to exercise and just felt overall crappy. I was feeling better Monday and went ahead and had blood drawn for my 3 month Post-op visit, but was still feeling drained. I wasn't supposed to see Dr. Lowe until next Wednesday 29th but got appointment moved up to today because my blood pressure was running low and the nurse thought I might have been dehydrated. I woke up this morning feeling much better. Dr. Lowe was very pleased with my progress. I have lost 90 lbs. and my blood work looked fantastic. I told him that the dietician had indicated that I might be eating too little and he said with the results, weightloss and blood work, not to change a thing. I did resume my walking today and I am hoping to make it to the YMCA for at least a light workout tomorrow.
Nancy Hall
on 3/23/06 5:30 am - Charlotte, NC
WOW!!!!!!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I am in AWE!!!!!
Maureen M.
on 3/23/06 9:34 am - Shelby, NC
Jeffrey, This is good news that you are beginning to turn the corner and are no longer walking on Crappy Lane. Keep up the great work. That's awesome -- 90 lbs in under 90 days. WOW!!!!!!!!!! Maureen
I Believe
on 3/23/06 11:07 am - Bessemer City, NC
Hey Jeff! WOW...already down 90lbs...you go my friend! I am so happy for you ...sorry you have been so, so sick, but I am glad you are doing better now....just keep on doing what you are doing and keep healthy! See you in April! Much Nancy PS...Michael is doing pretty well...able to eat some now and doing better with fluids!
lindansg
on 3/23/06 11:22 am - NC
Sorry you have been so sick but the weight loss is fantastic. Wish mine would go that fast but it is going slowly.
perryla
on 3/23/06 9:35 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hey Jeff Congratulations on the good news from the doc and your weight loss. I'm so glad that you are a part of the Gastonia support group. You add a different and exciting perspective to our meetings. If it weren't for you and Michael I'd have to be the only male at the meetings. Wait a minute....that might not be a bad thing. Larry
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1602 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1295 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views