PUREE FOOD CHOICES...please help

adrienne
on 3/23/06 9:22 am - siler city, NC
Hi, i will be 2 weeks post op on monday and i will be starting on puree food. can someone please give me some choices that i am not already aware of? im not too much into blending meals but tuna and mayo in a blender sounds wonderful to me right now. the doc says apple sauce, yogurt, puddings and i mention refried beans, cause i am so craving them, but he says that will still be a little too heavy. any suggestions?thanks adrienne
Maureen M.
on 3/23/06 9:40 am - Shelby, NC
Adrienne, I tried the new Campbells premium soup in the butternut squash flavor. It is so wonderful. You can even thin it down some -- it is quite thick. I tried non-fat plain yoghurt and it tasted wonderful. So did water or a little skim milk. You can also steam a little red potato and then puree with a little milk, salt & pepper and some non-fat sour cream and chives. It tastes soooo good and is soothing going down. Also, my nutritionist recommended egg drop soup. That's another great soothing meal. I did well on poached eggs and the egg in egg drop soup. However, scrambled eggs were not my favorite. I couldn't even finish one. Anyway, good luck. and don't forget you can make fat free sugar free instant pudding and mix extra protein powder in and even add 1/4 a banana (I cut up a few into quarters, wrapped in saran and froze them) thrown in a shake gives it a wonder flavor and texture. Regards, Maureen
adrienne
on 3/23/06 10:52 am - siler city, NC
hi maureen, thanks for some suggestions. is a poached egg considered as a pureed choice, i guess if you chew it it would be. since you had surgery 5 days before me are you still on pureed or are you introducing some new foods?this liquid stuff is getting old. my doc told me as long as it can go through a strawi can drink it so i took some broccolli cheese soup and strained all the broccoli out and watered it down a little bit and boy was it yummy and it was like 2 grams of sugar in it. i drank like a cup. i asked my doc why i dont get full on anything and he said that the liquids will go straight through but i soon will see a big difference when i start pureed food. did you experience the same? congrats on the big loss. me too down 25 lbs. i cant feel it in my clothes but my legs arent hurting and my rings are always falling off when i sleep.lol. have a good night, adrienne
lindansg
on 3/23/06 11:12 am - NC
I never pureed food after surgery. I ate alot of cream of chicken soup. It was the only thing I could find that tasted like real food.
Ro Smiley
on 3/23/06 7:28 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hi Adrienne, Check out my profile. I documented a number of the foods that I ate on the pureed phase. Hope it helps. Roberta
Sandi0521
on 3/23/06 8:14 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hey Adrienne, I'm 7 weeks post op and I still have a hard time with certain things. I eat a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit, protein bars and lately I've been eathing chicken salad. I got it at Sam's club, its chopped up pretty fine. I added a scoop of unjury (unflavored) protein to those campbell's soup and that worked pretty well, and if water is an issue, I found that I could eat a sugarfree popcicle better. South Beach has a great protein bar. Hope this helps and you take care of yourself.. Sandi
Nancy Hall
on 3/23/06 9:17 pm - Charlotte, NC
I loved a baked sweet potato with some margarine and sweetnlow brown sugar. I would cream it and it went down REAL WELL and tasted yummy. I also would fix mashed potatoes and make a gravy using cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and a can of chicken all put in the blender. It was a good way to get my protein in. Good luck!
ANGIET
on 3/24/06 4:12 am - Conover, NC
One of my favorite pureed foods was refried beans with chopped/stewed italian tomatoes......Try just a small amount. I think the juice from the tomatoes helped them to sit a little lighter. Egg salad is good. You can also do chicken like tuna w/ mayo. Be creative and try just a little at a time. Good luck. Angie
wooddell
on 3/24/06 6:53 am - Wilmington, NC
put Wendy's chili through the blender...I loved it the first few weeks..
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 571 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1603 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1296 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1632 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2664 views