I'm hungry, am I supposed to be?

A_brand_new_me
on 3/27/06 10:00 pm - NC
I had my lap rny on 3-23. I was fine really until yesterday and yesterday, I was HUNGRY. Not just head hungry, hungry. I want to eat everything in sight even though I can't. I think about it. I am hoping today is better, but man yesterday was tough. I ended up taking a 3.5 hour nap to help forget about food.
lindansg
on 3/28/06 12:00 am - NC
sometimes I get hungry too. I guess it's normal. But then I eat a little something and I am ok. Just hang in there.
Phenomenal Woman
on 3/28/06 8:41 am - Eastern, NC
You could be having bouts of high blood sugars. One of the symtopms are increased hunger. The glucose fluids could still be in your system causing your blood sugars to spike a bit. My dietician told me that sometimes our stomach may feel like it is hungry but were are really thirsty. Try increasing your fluids if you know that you should not be hungry. Your body is trying to tell you something. Your body is really adusting right now. Maybe you really aren't eating enough. Aren't you still on a liquid diet? You have had the surgery, I don't think it is healty to deprive your body anymore than normal. If I were eating like I was suppose to I wouldn't worry about being hungry . . . I would eat at this stage. I doubt taking naps to forget about food is good either. Take a walk or another mobile activity to keep your mind off of the food if you have to do somethin. Take care and good luck as you continue on your journey. Phenom
kenword
on 3/28/06 9:40 am - Mountains of, NC
I agree that at times out pouch is thirsty and we feel like it is hungery. It is a hard thing to figure out. Are you gettin in enough protien? Sometimes when I am hungery I need protien. Are you doing protien shakes?
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views