What do you guys take for constipation?

Sandi0521
on 3/29/06 8:40 pm - Gastonia, NC
I've tried the chewable fiber pills, they don't help, and they make my pouch sick....Can you all give me some other ideas? Thanks, Sandi
Amy J.
on 3/29/06 8:54 pm - NC
I have the same problem. We have the same doctor. The doctor is sending me to another doctor to see why I can't poop. I can go a month without a bm. If the new doctor tells me something I will post it and let you know. Have a blessed day. Amy
ANGIET
on 3/29/06 9:26 pm - Conover, NC
Sandi, I use a stool softner that I bought at Wal-Mart. It is the Wal-mart brand. I think they are 3.00 for a bottle of 60. They don't cause cramping and its not like taking a laxative. They just make it easier to go. Nothing makes me anymore miserable. Take care. Angie
I Believe
on 3/29/06 10:40 pm - Bessemer City, NC
Hey Sandi! When I first asked this question, Nita was still with Dr. M., and she said the only think we could or should take is Milk of Magnesium , this stuff is so nasty! You may want to call and talk to someone at his office and see what they say, and in the meantime, I will pull a quick one and see what Michael's docotor's office (Dr. Bauman) says....they are all different, yet we all had the same procedure. The main thing is they don't want you to use something too harsh! I will let you know if I can find something out for you! Nancy
Sandi0521
on 3/29/06 11:05 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hey Nancy, I've tried that stuff, and I'm sorry it just hasn't done the job very well. If you find out something, Please let me know...Thanks, Sandi
lindansg
on 3/29/06 11:24 pm - NC
I have always had a problem with constipation. So I have always taken milk of magnesia. I take it every other day. What I like now is I don't have to take it at night. I take it and drink a couple of cups of coffee and off I go. And it's about the only laxative that doesn't cramp me.
Sandi0521
on 3/30/06 12:13 am - Gastonia, NC
Thanks Linda, I don't drink coffee, do you think hot tea would work....Thanks, Sandi
Tamara L.
on 3/30/06 1:32 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Hey Sandi~ What I have heard from the more seasoned WLS patients is to add flax seed to your diet. My Doc also said it's all right to take Colace or Metamucil capsules. Our bowels to not have as much elasticity as our body does when we are loosing weight--so it often leads to this common, unwanted problem! Hope that helps! Tamara 3/21/06
wooddell
on 3/30/06 9:26 am - Wilmington, NC
Smooth Move Herbal Tea...I get mine at GNC.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views