Anyone ever been to White Lake, NC???

PlumpPrincess
on 6/27/09 1:34 pm - Roanoke Rapids, NC
My grandparents have heard good things about White Lake, NC. They want me to make reservations and we are going to go down there sometime during the next couple months.
It will be a nice little family trip with just me, hubby, and my little boy and my nanny and pop.

Now for the question?

Have anyone on here ever been to White Lake?
What do they have there?
Is it worth it?
It it fun?

Clue me in please, I've found a website and all, but none of it is very informative.

Thanks for your help!

Forget Worries Summertime
**Kick Back, Relax and Enjoy Every Minute!!!!**
                  :~With Love, From Jordan~:

jackiestt
on 6/27/09 9:05 pm - Elm City, NC
I won't be much help because I haven't been to White Lake in twenty some years but when I used to go it was OK. The water is clear. You can see your feet no matter how far out you go, or at least you used to could. Then it had a little amusement park and a pier and concessions stands, etc.As a kid I loved it but looking back it might have been a little seedy at the time but things certainly could have changed in twenty five years!

It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.
Mother Teresa  

hopen67
on 6/27/09 11:33 pm - Mebane, NC

I have been going to White Lake my entire life, and we rent a house from White Lake Realty the first week in August.  I live in Mebane, (between Greensboro and Raleigh) and it's only a two and a half hour drive from here.  (Down 40 and Hwy 701)
We love it.  The Water is clear, until the boat's start moving around, then you will have to deal with the lake 'moss', and that isn't bad.   You can go into the water up to your hips and still see your toes.  It's a white sand bottom.

There is a new Water Park beside the lake.  There are a couple of miniature golf areas.  There is a go cart track that the older kids love to frequent.  Then, in the middle of all the hotels, cabins and campgrounds, there is a mini fair, with rides and the biggest arcade around.  If you like Bingo, (I do) there is a bingo hall there.  

If you can go online and find the number.  I recomend Melwood Court.  That is where we alway's stayed until the family got to large to rent just one apartment.  They have two bedroom apartments that usually sleep 8 to 10 people.  They have a terrific pier and the owners are wonderful.

One of my goals in life is to own a vacation spot there.  But until I win the lottery, or an unknown relative dies and leaves me millions, I will keep on renting.  

White Lake is a small, rest and relaxation type place.  The town that is 5 miles up the road, Elizabethtown, has a few wonderful restaurants that we alway's visit.  (Georgio's Italian is one that we must visit.  The best italian around!)

E-mail me at [email protected], and I can actually send you pictures of our visits.  (There are years worth.)

Have a great day.

Hope

Alice H.
on 6/28/09 11:22 am - Winterville, NC
Georgios and San Jose (mexican) are THE BEST!!!!
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
parispeopl
on 5/30/17 10:13 am

Oh Alice!!!

We loved staying at you grandfather's Lodge as a family on vacation when I was a child. My father enjoyed talking with your grandfather so much.

I would love to bring my children and grandchildren some day soon!

Is there anywhere to stay that is still similar to your grandfather's lakefront home with the huge screened sleeping porch?

Thanks so much!

Kathy

Alice H.
on 6/28/09 11:21 am - Winterville, NC
I just got back from White lake about 5 hours ago. 

I have spent my summers at White Lake for the past 52 years.  It has changed over the years, but what resort hasn't.  it's still my little piece of Heaven on Earth.  My grandparents owned and operated Stancil's Lakeview Lodge ( motel and cottages).  My grandfather deeded the property to his children and my brother and I got the property that my father would have gotten had he lived. 

It's a wonderful place for children.  The lake is very safe and a joy to play in.  This past weekend was great, the water was really clean and almost free of the "moss" mentioned above.  As the water level changes, the moss can be annoying and at times, smelly if the water level is very low.  This year, so far the water level is up and the water is great. 

If you want some photos, PM me and I'll email you some.

Alice
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!