My weekend huddle

Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/14/11 6:21 am - NC
 I am currently on my 2 week liquid diet, and it is getting tough.  Today I went to my sister's surprise party, and it was a challenge.  They had a bunch of make-your-own-burrito food and a pineapple upside down cake.  It all looked so amazing.  I did good and stuck to this damn liquid diet and only drank water.  When I left, I got in the car and started to cry because I miss food so damn much!

So, I know everyone says that it gets better, but I need to know what got you through the pre-op liquid diet.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I have been on the diet since monday, have not cheated at all, and have only lost 5lbs.  I thought people typically loose 20-30lbs before surgery.
Koko10
on 5/14/11 10:42 am - NC
I totally understand what you are going through. Just keep up the good work and hang tough. This is the beggining of your journey. It's not easy but it will be worth it.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

ibeanniebe
on 5/15/11 3:55 am - NM
Its more typical to lose 5 or 10 pounds on that two week liver shrinking diet just before surgery. Do not get discouraged. Without surgery it can take a year to lose 30 pounds for most people.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2662 views