The Beck Diet Solution

phoenix 279
on 6/5/11 11:41 pm - Morrisville, NC
I just started reading the book and I have to say at first it just seems out there. I mean it says tell urself that you don't need to eat ( kinda) and you won't. Well, I put it to practice and it does actually help. I like to do my kitchen chores before I have my protein tea in the mornings and it's usually on my mind to grab something I shouldn't for a quick bite like a cracker from my baby's snack bowl. Well, today I had these thoughts too, but have been able to quiet them without issues! My tummy is grumbling but my brain seems to be getting the point and is leaving me alone! I like this feeling.... Lol.

Barbara C.
on 6/6/11 12:04 pm - Raleigh, NC

Hi Phoenix,

I actually love the Beck Diet Solution book and workbook. I even have a support group that is called the Beck Group and is loosely formatted around it. I think the thing I like most about it, is that it forces me to look at things in a different way that actually support my desire to learn to think thin. 

Congratulations! 

BTW, you are welcome to come to any of the meetings I host, including the Beck Group. If you want information about the meetings, you can get it at www.meetup.com/nc-wls.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

phoenix 279
on 6/6/11 1:07 pm - Morrisville, NC
Hi Barbara, this is Shefali. Hope you remember me. I came to the shopping trip you had organized 2 weeks ago. I was actually reading about the beck group meeting on meetup and thought about reading the book! Still in the early chapters but it seems promising so far!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1602 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1295 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views