An Oldie Returning with News!

Dena W.
on 9/2/11 4:47 am - Tarpon Springs, FL
Hey, y'all, remember me?  I haven't been around in a while!  BUT ... I have news.

Some of you may know from Facebook and/or You Tube that last March, I moved from NC to FL.  I was cold (to the bone) and tired of being cold and convinced my husband it was time to move south!  I live near the beach and I absolutely love it down here. 

But the BEST news that I have is this ... I just got hired as the Bariatric Navigator for Tampa General Hospital!  I start in a couple of weeks, but I'm super excited to finally be using my nursing in Bariatrics again.  You may recall that I was working on a postop unit in NC taking care of bariatric patients (among others) and also worked in the operating room and got to assist in some bariatric surgeries.  Since moving to FL, I haven't had the opportunity to work with bariatric patients.  So I'm thrilled to get back to my "calling"! 

Dr. Roc Bauman is still "da man" to me!  But he has actually recommended Dr. Muur at Tampa General as the surgeon I should follow up with, and that's the surgeon I'll be working with. 

Just wanted to check in & share my happy news!  I'm still a North Carolinian at heart. 
                                                 Dena
See my YouTube vlogs here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/LiLtinee
Add me as a friend on Facebook:    Dena Waskiewicz               
Starting weight:  297 / Goal weight:  140's / Current weight:  138-143
Lap RNY 3/12/2007 ~ Fleur-de-Lis tummy tuck 7/12/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 569 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1598 views
12 years!