Gallbladder surgery

Emelinda D.
on 10/18/11 1:11 pm - Winter Haven, FL
 Hey everyone! It feels like I havent been on here in forever!! Too bad I gotta get on here with bad news. Sooo, I am having gallbladder surgery on Thursday and I am TERRIFIED! I am honestly more afraid of having this surgery then I was when I had my gastric bypass surgery. I think the reason why I am so scared this time is because when I had gastric bypass surgery they put a trachea in my throat and I am so scared I am gonna wake up and not be able to talk. Another thing is I saw from a post on the main board a while back that having gallbladder surgery is worse then having gastric bypass cause of the pain. I can handle the pain but just the thought of me not being able to talk again for 2 weeks or maybe not ever again scared the hell outta me!  The only bright side I can see at this point is when I had my gastric bypass done I was almost 450 pounds and now I am 225. I am so hoping that since I lost so much weight they won't have to put a trachea in.

So, if anyone on here has had gallbladder surgery, please let me know about your experience. I am so scared and I dont wanna not be able to talk or go walking with my kids on halloween. Thanks so much everyone. I greatly appreciate any encouragement or info I get. Love u all bunches!!!!

shoutjoy
on 10/18/11 8:53 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi there,

If you look hard enough, you will find plenty of negatives.  I had mine out and it wasn't that bad.  Now, I am not minimizing your fears.  Any surgery is cause for some concern.  It takes away ones control for a period of time.  If your fears are that serious, maybe you need to postpone the surgery until you can find some peace with the procedure.  Talk to your doctor. Talk to other medical professionals and get more understanding.  Huugzzzz

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Emelinda D.
on 10/18/11 10:23 pm - Winter Haven, FL
 Ur right, I am looking at the negatives alot more then the positive. I dont want to postpone the procedure mainly because I am in pain alot because of having so many gallbladder attacks. I talked to the doctor that puts u to sleep (I cant spell it, sorry lol) and he said he dont think I will need a trachea so that made me feel a little better. Again thank u for the response. I appreciate it very much!!

disneyfan551
on 10/18/11 11:43 pm - Great Smoky Mountains, NC
VSG on 05/07/12
I can't compare the two since I haven't had my WLS yet, but I had gallbladder surgery a few years ago.  I knew that I needed the surgery, but was waiting until the beginning of the year (insurance purposes).  However, I had such a horrible gallbladder attack one day that I went to the ER & had to have it then.  I was BEGGING them to take away the pain!  It was so bad!  I would have endured three surgeries to get rid of the pain!    The surgery wasn't bad, and the healing process was normal.  I think you will be fine!  If you handled the WLS, you can do this!! 
VeraWalker
on 10/19/11 11:49 am - Whiteville, NC

Hi,

I had my gallbladder out in the late 80's and it was not bad at all.  As for the pain I think I only had some occasional gas pain like after any laproscopic procedure.  I did have to stay overnight because the anesthesia made me sick on my stomach.  Other than that it was a peice of cake.  Surgery on Thursday, back at work on Monday!

Will keep you in my prayers and remember worrying is a sin because it shows that we do not trust God to take care of us.  Just put it in his hands and let it go.

God bless,

Vera  LapBand 8/12/2008

ogweno3
on 10/22/11 11:06 pm - NC
I wish you the best of luck and hope all works out. I am very happy to hear that you have loss so much weight. it gives me the motivation to know that i can do it too. Good luck and my prayers are with you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views