Next month will be 4 years post op!!!!!!

mosermel
on 7/16/12 9:06 am - NC

Been almost four years next month and wow has it been a crazy four years.  I dont get on here at all like I used to and I guess at times I try to forget I was the big girl that no one paid attention to.
I've come along way in the past four years and have had many up and downs. 
Life is so different when your skinny and its sad to see how people treat you so much better when you arent the big girl anymore.  Once I started loosing the weight I started getting attention that I never used to and it was very nice but inside I get upset with the people who are so nice to me.  Im always thinking "would this person even gave me the time of day if I was still big?" 
All in all I'm still glad I had the surgery and all is well. I have my ups and downs but I keep on fighting.  I havent had any issues with keeping my weight off and If I feel like im going overboard I slow it was down and go back to the beginning.  I weigh myself everyday for fear of ending up the way I was again. Im gonna start checking in more often.  I do like to see all the before and after pics and talk to all these wonderful people who are so inspired to be better.

Sherrie P.
on 7/17/12 12:19 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
That's so crazy. I had the same thoughts in my head today. I never lost weight with the band. I am meeting with my surgeon for the RNY revision next Friday.  I have been fat since I was a toddler, so I am really wondering how I will deal with people that treat me differently because of my size.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

mosermel
on 7/19/12 7:46 am - NC
Its just unbelievable how much better people treat you. Its like a shock to your system when people start to notice you, compliment, hold doors open for you and actually try to hit on you.  I have a wonderful husband who thankfully loved me when I was big and still loves me for how I am now.  There have been plenty issues because he does get jealous now because I have changed and Im not the same person I used to be. 
I had to deal with issues in a totally different way and I have had a hard time with that.  I started smoking because I couldnt eat and I was scared I would gain the weight back. Its that whole transfer addiction thing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views