Recommitting to my Health in 2013

kilmarlic
on 1/2/13 3:24 am - powells point, NC

To say it's been awhile since I've been on here would be a tremendous understatement.  To those of you I've yet to meet let me introduce myself. I'm Iris. I had a RNY gastric bypass on 8-8-2008 and it was undoubtedly the BEST thing I have ever done. The journey has been so worth it.  To those "old timers" on here who do remember me I've posted a short update on my profile.

I'm recommitting to my health this year because....I've gained some weight. I'm up to nearly 250 and this to me is unacceptable, I no longer feel my best. My journey has never been one that was focused on the numbers on the scale (they only provide a measurable means of setting and reaching a goal). How I feel physically and emotionally is my true success.  

I'll be here often. Happy New Year to all of you.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

TamaraL
on 1/20/13 4:43 am

Hey Iris,

its good to see you again.  I find that it is hard to lose after the honeymoon period.  i am now 2 years post op from revision from lap band to RNY.  I lost from 272 to 218 with lap band and then revised to bypass and lost down to 149.  i have gained 10 pounds and it is so hard to get it off.  I am determined to lose that 10 pounds but it has been hard to lose.

i am trying low carb.

Tamara

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1604 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1296 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1632 views