xpost...Unexpected benefits of WLS

kilmarlic
on 5/7/13 11:58 pm - powells point, NC

Even after some regain I'm still amazed at the changes that WLS brought to my entire life. Of course there's the benefit of no longer being diabetic ---that's the factor I use to determine my surgery was successful (regardless of a number on the scale). Being able to shop "normal" size stores for clothing and just being able to go to the mall or department store and feel like I'm not the biggest lady there has been a part of the journey. Having some energy and the desire to be active. Taking control of my health. Cathcing my heart problem early so it could be fixed. (I'd never known there was a problem if I hadn't know what it felt like to feel good)

But the biggest benefit/blessing was rather unexpected. As a big girl I never thought I had self esteem issues. But once I started losing weight I realized just how many things I had avoided because I was "FAT". One thing was dating. I had settled for a horrid, unhealthy relationship because I thought it was the best I could do.

After I lost the first 50 lbs. a friend sort of dared me to create an on-line profile. Well the first site was a bust. We now call them e-family since they tried to match me up with my COUSIN. (I swear it!!!) Then a friend on here suggested Plenty of Fish. What the heck....I figured it would be a safe way to develop some dating skills. Little did I know what would happen 4 1/2 years later.

My online date is about to become my HUSBAND. We're getting married on July 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never in a million years thought I would remarry. I'm gaining 2 wonderful children. I'll have 3 brother in laws and 4 sister in laws. The combining of our 2 families is going to be a sight to behold.

Weight wise I'm not at goal but LIFE wise I've surpassed my goals. Life is good.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Barbara C.
on 5/14/13 3:15 am - Raleigh, NC

(((((Iris)))),

Im absolutely delighted for you, David and your whole family. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

PetHairMagnet
on 5/19/13 12:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Congratulations! May you have countless years of marital bliss!!

TynettaM
on 6/14/13 4:40 am - Greensboro, NC

Congrats

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 9:09 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Just wanted to say YAY! I know you are married now and maybe even already home from your honeymoon. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your days!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1601 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views