7 years

Jennifer K.
on 6/20/13 9:52 pm - Phoenix , AZ

Hard to believe its been 7 years since I had surgery...it seems like a lifetime away. I am happy to report I am still maintaining my weight loss and my annual blood work is looking great! I faithfully take my vitamins every day which is super important. I had an extended tummy tuck back in November 2011 and am hoping to have a breast lift and arm lift later this year or the early part of next year. Hopefully a year or so after that I can get a leg lift and my transformation will be complete!

I have started to eat even more healthy moving towards a 'clean eating' lifestyle. Slowly my BF and I have started to make our own sauces and seasonings as well as baking our own bread. This year we planted a decent size garden and are going to try our hand at canning so we can enjoy our veggies year round. We are moving away from buying anything pre-packaged and anything processed. We have also ramped up our workout routines and work out at least 6 times a week running, biking, walking, yoga, weight training etc. For me, eating a healthy well balanced diet and exercise have been the keys to keeping the weight off. I still enjoy not so good for your foods, just in moderation. During this journey I never made any food 'off limits'.. I learned to balance the good with the bad and over time started to decide to no longer eat certain things because they were not all that appealing any more (i.e. I have not eaten at McDonalds in at least 3 years).

Anyways, just wanted to give a quick update for my 7 year surgery-versary... hope everybody is doing well !!

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

zlynnc
on 6/21/13 1:54 am - BEAUFORT, NC

Way to GO!  I am 6 years out and well..... Not doing good with keeping myself healthy.  Low Iron, not doing vitamins right either.  But went to the doctor to get back on track.  Had Iron infusions a year ago and trying to prevent that.  I do have low sugar and now on med's for depression related to everything.  But with that said I've only gone up 10 pounds now 154 so I am still doing good with that.  Now just to get my mind right!  I can do it, I know I can, some days are metally hard.

Beginning weight: 284  
Surgery weight: 251
Current weight: 149

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 9:16 am
RNY on 05/13/13

YAY FOR YOU!

I was 99% organic and locally sourced prior to the WLS. One of my challenges has been buying the protein shakes and bars and knowing they are processed food. But I will return to the organic lifestyle as soon as I can. Excellent to hear you have made the move to clean eating successfully!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Barbara C.
on 8/9/13 3:36 am - Raleigh, NC

Jennifer,

A belated congratulations on your continued success.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!