Planning Ahead - Need for PS??

jlangley
on 7/12/13 12:26 pm - NC
VSG on 08/05/13

Would any of you be willing to share you experience with making the decision for PS?? 

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 9:14 am, edited 7/13/13 9:14 am
RNY on 05/13/13

After my first 50 lbs lost, I knew there was NO WAY I was going to have these bat wings hanging off my arms OR a tummy of squishy, stretched skin or a hanging, empty labia. The more it 'deflates' the worse it hangs down, so a mons lift is a must. It is awful! So at a bare minimum, I am going to do that. My husband has thighs that looks like a mudslide (an actual earth event, not the drink) and we are absolutely going to pay for him to have a thigh lift.

I have some AWESOME plastic surgeons in Ballantyne, but am very seriously considering Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico. If you go to the PS boards there are a number of patients of his and I have yet to hear anything negative about him. He specializes in WLS PS and that is a big deal to me!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

avidreader
on 8/3/13 11:10 am - Cary, NC

It took me 2 years (after losing my weight) to make the decision - lots of money involved.  I decided I did not want to put up with the huge pani and skin sagging - so I had an anchor cut abdominoplasty with muscle tightening.  The doctor removed 8 pounds of skin and fat but the best part was the muscle tightening - it ended 20 years of back pain.  Knowing what I know now, 2 years later, I would still have the surgery, even with the numbing and some scar tissue problems.  

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1601 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1294 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1631 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2663 views