What to do with your big clothes?

dianemnc
on 8/1/13 12:56 am - NC

I could give them to goodwill but I would rather give them to someone who is losing weight as well.  They are mostly 22/24 and 3X, I looked online for some type of clothing swap in my area but no luck.  I've even thought about consignment.  What are you doing?

Missy A.
on 8/2/13 5:45 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I'm taking mine to a consignment shop!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

cathysimmons58
on 8/7/13 5:29 am - Lewisville, NC

Its been 6 years since my surgery.  I took all mine to a local consignment shop where you make money if they sell it and I turned around and used the money to buy me more clothes.....

Barbara C.
on 8/9/13 3:29 am - Raleigh, NC

I'm not sure where you live. I'm in Raleigh and there are some consignment stores that welcome plus size clothing. If you are going to place your items with a consignment store, I'd check to see what percentage of their stock is plus size and what type of response they receive from their plus size consigned items so that you can gauge what you may reap from them. You may also want to see if there is a place such as a 'Career Closet' that might put the clothing to good use.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

PetHairMagnet
on 10/27/13 10:31 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM Pacific Time, Barbara C. wrote:

I'm not sure where you live. I'm in Raleigh and there are some consignment stores that welcome plus size clothing. If you are going to place your items with a consignment store, I'd check to see what percentage of their stock is plus size and what type of response they receive from their plus size consigned items so that you can gauge what you may reap from them. You may also want to see if there is a place such as a 'Career Closet' that might put the clothing to good use.

Agree! Dress for Success has gotten many of my suits and career wear.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views