Support Groups in the Raleigh/Cary NC area

Missy A.
on 8/2/13 5:47 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I was wondering if anyone goes to any support groups in the Raleigh/Cary NC area and if so which ones? I'm pretty shy about meeting new people, but feel like at a year out I should at least attend a support group once a month. I need all the encouragement I can get to stay on track right now. But as I said, meeting new people for me is difficult, so although I haven't "met" anyone on here, I feel comfortable with talking to you and was wondering if anyone in the area wanted o go to a support group with me?

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Barbara C.
on 8/9/13 3:20 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi Missy,

I host support group meetings in North Raleigh. We meet on the first Saturday of each month and Thursday evenings. You can get information about upcoming meetings at www.meetup.com/nc-wls. You are welcome to attend any meeting I host; do not worry if you do not meet the 'demographic' for a particular meeting. We all have much more in common than our differences.

You are also welcome to contact me directly and I'll be glad to meet you for coffee sometime.

Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

angeleigh
on 10/7/13 11:06 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

There is a support  meeting at Wake Medical Cary, the second Wednesday of every month. It starts at 630 pm. And the next one is this week 10/09/2013.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views