I'm scheduled for a RNY on Nov 5th, any advice??

bg031479
on 10/22/13 3:25 am - Wilmington, NC
RNY on 11/05/13

I started my low carb diet today and I'm really starting to get anxious about my new journey. I have been waiting for this for at least 5 years. My surgery was approved on our first request. I feel blessed. I have been seeing a bariatric nutritionist once a week for 2 months now, by my own choice and she has prepped me and answered most of my questions. I just think it would be great to get advice from people who have really experienced this and have advice from past experiences. :)

bubbylucy
on 10/22/13 10:54 pm - Raleigh, NC

I think the best thing I did pre-op was find a personal trainer that worked with me prior to get stronger and did research to be prepared to train me afterwards. It is a lot of $$$$ but it was well worth it!!!!! I wish you all the best

Audra

Lovetocruz
on 10/25/13 10:03 pm - Nashville, NC

I am scheduled for the sleeve in December, so I am basically in the same boat with you.  But my daughter had RNY 3 years ago and it has changed her life so very much for the good.  She decided to have surgery after a diagnosis of infertility.  A Dr. at a local university hospital told her that she would get pregnant if she loss the weight.  At 132, no baby. Then IVF....no baby.  Finally, at 140 she was told in March of this year that there would never be a pregnancy, but they offered adoption help.

Now, back to the post-op, the surgery was a two night stay.  Fairly uneventful except a reaction to Lortab.  First day at home she learned she had the dumping syndrome the hard way.  Thats all it took.  She has been sugar free since, great motivation.  Four months out, the emotion swing set in and at times, i felt i did not know this ill person lol.  The worst lasted less than a month- but slight changes still noted for six months.  Her weight loss was rapid for about 12 months, then slowed for few more. Now, she is hungry again and just discovered 2 weeks ago her dumping is gone.  It has been hard, but oh so much fun too....she is so tiny.

October 2, 2013 @ 2 pm i received a totally unexpected call from her.  She simply said..."mom, I'm pregnant".!!!!!!!!

its been fun helping her, but things have changed so much.  My dr recommends the sleeve.  I feel like i have to learn all over again!   Best wishes to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views