WLS friendly PCP

LorraineM2013
on 10/29/13 2:12 pm - Cary, NC

I am looking for a new primary care physician.  My doctor of almost 8 years left the practice I was going to, and I switched to a new doctor at the same practice.  I like her well enough, but I feel like the doctors there are way too comfortable prescribing pills for every complaint.  They also are completely dismissive of WLS as anything other than a cosmetic and "very dangerous" procedure.  

My lovely health insurance will not pay for ANY treatment related to weight loss surgery or nutrition, other than a diabetes "class" on nutrition.  Anyway, on my own I have scheduled a Gastric Sleeve surgery for Dec 9th in Mexico.  I need to find a good PCP who will be supportive of the surgery and not judgmental.  I am having the surgery mostly for the metabolic effect since I have diabetes that has gotten worse very quickly in the last year.  

Any suggestions for PCPs in the Brier Creek area of Raleigh or Cary/Morrisville?  Someone with experience with diabetes and weight issues, who listens and wants to get me well, not keep me sick so I keep coming back month after month.  

Thanks for the help.  

bubbylucy
on 10/29/13 11:20 pm - Raleigh, NC

My PCP is in North Raleigh, so it might be a bit to far but he is amazing. I was obese when I started with him and he never used that as an excuse if I was having symptoms or was sick. He is very supportive post op so that I do not have to travel to Durham for labs and follow up. He does whatever I need. This is so important now since my surgeon is no longer covered by my insurance. His name is Dr Susheel Atree at North Wake Internal Medicine.

Audra

LorraineM2013
on 10/31/13 7:53 am - Cary, NC

Audra,

Thanks for the lead.  I will check him out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 565 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1593 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1289 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1622 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2654 views