Duke Regional

everlasting
on 2/4/14 8:03 am

Anyone have surgery here? Am I reading this website correctly when it states that a $4000.00 copay has to be paid in advance? There is some information on the website that is out of date-I am hoping this is one of them. Looking forward to your responses.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

bubbylucy
on 2/9/14 10:18 pm - Raleigh, NC

I did not have to prepay anything to the hospital but I had surgery there 4 years ago so I am not sure of their requirements now.

Audra

Lovetocruz
on 2/15/14 8:47 pm - Nashville, NC

I did not have to prepay either, but my insurance deductible had been satisfied.  Just want to add that my care there was excellent from start to finish.  My anesthes.  Dr. Thomas, was unbelievable.  She came in my bay before surgery, sat down and answered all my questions and fears.  Because of medical conditions, I could not get a pre-op sedative, and was so impressed with the OR staff.  The resident/intern assigned to my case was in the OR with me, and on the floor frequently.  My every need was quickly addressed.  After returning to my room, they quickly gained control of my pain and I was quite comfortable for the entire stay.  They were great!

Barbara C.
on 2/24/14 10:38 am - Raleigh, NC

I'd call their office and talk to the financial care counselor, they will have the information that you need.

Good luck!

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

wufpackerfan
on 3/14/14 3:32 am - Garner, NC

I had surgery at Durham Regional in March 2011.  I do recall them asking me for a credit card to pay 1/2 of my co-pay portion of the surgery before I had surgery.  But they called me like 1-2 days before my surgery and asked me for this but if I do recall correctly--I did have to give them a credit card payment for 1/2 of my insurance co-pay for the surgery.  I do recall having to give them a payment ahead of time.  But it was tied to my insurance (BCBS)...I had to pay 1/2 of the 20% I owed for the procedure.  So likely I had to pay them $1,200.00 or so before the surgery.  It's been a couple of years so I can't remember clearly but I do recall paying upfront prior to my surgical procedure.

-Donna

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

everlasting
on 3/16/14 1:29 pm

Thank you! Your memory was correct. They called me and told me what I needed to pay. I paid a portion of it (what my insurance company told me I needed to pay, not what they asked). I will be billed for anything else. Such a huge relief!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 572 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1603 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1296 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1632 views
NC Forum