8 years and still going strong!

Jennifer K.
on 6/17/14 11:59 pm - Phoenix , AZ

This Friday marks 8 years since my surgery. The person I was 8 years ago seems light-years away, however I still cannot believe its been 8 years. 

I am pleased to say I have maintained my weight loss, I take my vits/supps daily and get full blood work annually to ensure everything is where it should be. 

I am 2.5 years out from an extended TT and am super excited for July 10th when I will be having a BL/BA, brachioplasty and laser skin tightening on my neck done with both Dr.Criswell's from Criswell and Criswell plastic surgery here in Charlotte. Even at 8 years out I am sill on my journey... hoping in the next year or two after this surgery to have a thigh lift and complete the plastic surgery portion. 

I attended the support group at Carolina Surgical last night headed up by the wonderful Lyn Hanley. I arrived late but when I arrived the topic was "owning" things in you life... instead of saying "I cant gain this weight back" because face it, you can, but saying "I will not gain this weight back" or "I will do what it takes to be successful" etc. I thought back to the day I decided to have surgery, I woke up and bolted upright in bed and said thought I cannot live my life like this anymore... during the process I would think about people who did regain and, of course, was asked quite a bit about the surgery not working or what if this what if that and thought I will NEVER go back to the way I was. That is something that has stuck with me these past 10 years... from when I decided to have surgery until today. Hearing what Lyn had to say and remembering what I thought all those years ago made me wonder if that was a reason why I have been successful thus far... I never said "I cant" I said "I will NEVER"... 

Anyways, hope everybody is doing well!! I look forward to following up again in August after I recover some from the PS.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 570 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1600 views
12 years!