introduce myself to the ND WLF

Lila B.
on 1/21/12 11:37 am - ND
Hi,
My name is Lila and I had RNY on Dec 23, 2011 with Dr. Monson in Fargo,  I just wanted to say hello and maybe connect with some "losers"  locally.  Thanks for your time.

Lila

Marilyn101
on 1/21/12 2:26 pm - FL
Hello lila. I am glad you are doing well. Welcome again to the losers club.
sknd34
on 1/21/12 2:34 pm - West Fargo, ND
Hi Lila,
I had a revision to RNY on Nov. 29, 2011 with Dr. Smith in Park Rapids. I live in West Fargo. There are several of us on this message board. We aren't very active, but we do normally meet for coffee on the 3rd Monday of the month. Keep an eye on the board for updates.  Hope to meet you soon.
Steph
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
Matt2011
on 1/21/12 9:16 pm - Moorhead, MN
 Hello, Lila.  I had the RNY on Dec 30th with Dr. Smith in Park Rapids, MN.  I live in Moorhead. Welcome to the forum. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

Tammi H.
on 1/22/12 8:05 am
Hi, Lila!  Welcome to the losers bench.  I hope your journey is going smoothly.
Tammi  
starting weight 224, size XL (16-18); now weight is 129, a size 4 size medium or small

Sue C
on 1/24/12 11:17 pm - Fargo, ND
Hi Lila!

I dont normally check in with this board although I do live in Fargo.  I think some regulars get together for coffee 1/x month. I have never gone cause I always forget to see when/where they are going to be. 

Welcome.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

tinkerbell025
on 1/29/12 1:14 am - Fargo, ND
Lila,
Welcome! Congrats on making a life style change, and I will not say that lightly as it is a huge step and you may encounter a few speed bumps along the way. Remember to keep looking at the big picture during those times. I am almost 4 yrs out and still have moments I struggle in remembering the big picture. Please feel free to post on this board as often as you like. Remember there are no dumb questions, the only ones are the ones that go unasked.

As others have said we do get together for coffee, kinda an un-formal support group, removing the clinical looking aspect of the whole thing. It is fun and new people visit with us from time to time. Some just bring a water bottle, so drink tea and some of the hard core people take up the coffee.

We tend to have the meet at Luna's coffee on Univ Drive in Fargo, almost next door to Bernies Liquor. If that gives you a land mark idea. It is the 3rd Monday of the month at 6 or 630 pm. The time escapes me right now.

Again, best of luck and keep us updated
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Most Active
Recent Topics