Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

fargosrm
on 8/9/16 9:07 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 06/13/13

Come guys I know you all are out there 175 views. I know this because when I'm sitting in the waiting room for my monthly with Brenda that place is hopping, so I'm not the only person that's had surgery with Doc Smith in Park Rapids that lives in Fargo. I thought I was shy but this ridiculous. I may have to join one of the other States Forums at this rate. Okay, enough whining so for anyone that's new and progressed to the solid food stage couple tips on where to purchase stuff locally.  The Nutrition Zone on 45th sells Quest bars for $25  a box that same box of bars at GNC will cost you $35.  They have an excellent selection of Protein powders as well; they don't, however, carry Syntrax Nectar which is the one I like. Swanson heath products sell Syntrax Protein powder if you are in Fargo you can order online and pick up at their corp office, or they will ship it to you. It's nice to have the option to pickup yourself if you are running low. I don't make shakes anymore except maybe as a treat. I do use the vanilla and peanut butter powders in baking and sometimes in my coffee, not the PB one for that, though, I'm not that adventurous. A good site for recipes and reviews is: http://www.bariatricfoodie.com/ 

There is also a recipe forum here on OH that contains a wealth of good eats that people have taken the time to come up with and share.   I strongly recommend you try different things out. If you eat the same thing all the time, it can get boring, and your body can get used to it after a while. Also, boredom, is bad it lead to bad choices, which leads to poor results, which leads to the dark side lol.  So be open to experimentation find things you like and rotate through those when you find yourself getting bored it's time to try some new stuff.  

Shane

"A wilderness explorer is a friend to all, be a plant or fish or tiny mole!"

Most Active
Recent Topics