MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:29 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

Jill G.
on 11/29/07 9:38 pm, edited 11/29/07 9:41 pm - Central City, NE

I'm sure you're already aware of Dr.Holloway & Dr. Forney in Scottsbluff,NE. But also now in the eastern part of the state is Dr.Ranjan Sudan(Omaha,NE.). Both I hear are excellent. And both except Medicare/Medicad. I am Medicare & used Dr.Holloway. They were very speedy in getting me approved,(really went the extra mile) and are very caring Dr.'s ,nurse's & staff.

Beth T.
on 3/5/08 5:19 am - North Platte, NE

Yes, Jill Scottsbluff has the "best", in my opinion! I'm nearly 7 years out and living life to the fullest Beth

Sexy L.
on 12/9/07 11:39 am - Hordville, NE

Dr. Gering in Grand Island takes Medicaid, but not Medicare.  The St. Francis Hospital in Grand Island is a good hospital, but it is not a center of excellence that Medicaid requires.  I think most of the doctors in Nebraska take medicaid.

Hazelmejune24.jpg

eloc29
on 12/12/07 11:29 pm
Dr. Sudan Creighton Medical Center Omaha Ne
cherilee
on 8/6/08 11:50 am - Hastings, NE
Dr Sudan and Dr Wright of Creighton Medical Center in Omaha have moved to the east coast.  Dr Force is the only one doing surgeries there.  -Cherilee
 Lost 50#  pre-op  Start 318/Surgery268/Current 253/Goal 150 
aubreyrose
on 6/27/14 9:17 pm

I really need yo know what Medicaid requirements ate for preop i have my first consult July 25 aNd  how long from the first consult date uintil surgery approximately ???

monymony
on 1/8/08 2:14 am
Hi, The surgeons in Nebraska who are a center of excellence and accept Medicare are: Dr. Jeff Holloway                                    2 west 42nd Street                                    Scottsbluff, Nebraska                                    800-321-6790                                     Dr. Ranjan Sudan                                     Creighton Hospital                                     Omaha, Nebraska There are other surgeons in Nebraska who are performing surgery: Dr. Taddeucci, Dr. Hung - Lincoln Nebraska St. Elizabeth's Hospital Dr. John Goehrig- Grand island Nebraska Dr. Thomas White, Dr. Anthone, Dr. McBride These are the ones I know of. There may be others.  Mona Urwin, RN Bariatric Coordinator
lisanebraska68
on 1/21/08 11:23 am - NE
Not knowing about the medicare or medicaide......but Dr McDREAMY....I mean Dr Michael Hovey is an associate in Dr Thomas White's office.......and ever so easy on the eyes!!

AMPinquoch
on 2/12/08 1:37 pm, edited 2/12/08 1:38 pm - Omaha, NE
Dr Gary Anthone/Methodist Hospital 10060 Regency Circle, 2nd Floor Omaha, NE 402-354-1320 My understanding is he does accept Medicaid and is currently awaiting his approval from Medicare for his COE which should come through within the next few months.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4709 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5876 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6209 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6278 views