Hello From Colorado

kb2010
on 11/10/10 3:47 am - CO
Hi all-

I am a pre-op currently living in Southern Colorado. I am set up with a surgeon to have RNY in the next few months and am starting to question if this is the right surgery. I see that Dr. Antone does the DS but it is a bit to travel for me. Anybody else come from out of state?What is the usual procedure required to get surgery...seminars..amt of meetings? I cannot afford to drive to and back alot so that is a concern as well. Thanks for your help.

HW:390   GW:170ish

sixtosbaby
on 11/10/10 4:20 am - Bellevue, NE

kb~

There are some folks who I know of that have traveled as far as Florida to have Dr Antone do their surgery.  He has seminar the first Thursday of each month I believe.  What I would do is give them a call and ask them what they would require of you.  I will tell you from experience with his office, that staff is wonderful and very caring. 

Hope that helps.

Michelle    
Redhaired
on 11/16/10 2:29 pm - Mouseville, FL
Dr. Anthone did my DS a little over four years ago and my husband's a little over a year ago.  We live in Florida.  When we had our surgeries the standard routine was to go to Omaha for an initial consult.  At the consult you will be told which pre-op tests and such you will need.  You can have all of that testing done locally and have the results faxed to Omaha.  Then you will just go back to Omaha a day or so before your surgery.  So far as the seminar I think it is great to attend the seminar in person, it gives you the opportunity to interact not only with Dr. Anthone but also other patients.  Consequently you could try to schedule your initial consult around the time of the seminar (2nd Thursday of the month).  But if that is not possible I believe they have the seminar on video that you can watch.

There is also a yahoo group for Dr. Anthone's patients you might be interested in joining.  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ds_nebraska/

Please feel free to contact me through PM if you have any questions.  I am only too happy to help if I can.  The DS is an awesome surgery and Dr. Anthone is an incredible surgeon.

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4714 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5879 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6213 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6282 views