scheduled to have surgery on jan 23rd

mamma3girlygirls
on 1/11/13 6:35 am - Kearney, NE
DS on 01/23/13

looking for friends  to support each other in this journey

momii3
on 1/11/13 6:06 pm - NE

I am scheduled to have my DS on Jan 30th so I will be a week behind you.  I too am interested in support on this journey.

I'm really nervous about having surgery but excited about losing weight and being able to do things that I have not been able to do for a very long time.   I too am a mother to 3 and a grandma to 3.   I have 3 boys....2 married and in their 30's and one 18 and a senior in high school.   I am very lucky to have a very supportive family plus 7 siblings who are very supportive too.  

4seasons
on 1/18/13 5:33 am
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm here for both of you if you need me. I am from Nebraska and had VSG on August 13, 2012 at St. E's in Lincoln. The BEST thing I ever did for myself.

I'd love to tell you to not be nervous but its just natural. Keep positive thoughts and follow the directions of your surgeon. Follow the eating/drinking schedule set up by the nutritionist and the surgeon and the days will go by fast.

Good luck to you both!

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
cfischerneb
on 1/12/14 11:10 pm

Another friend here to bounce off of if you need, I went Lapband route but we all face the trials and bumps in the road. I had started off originally at 240 got to 155 then had to have 3 surgeries to fix what had started as a crack in the tubing. Port got infected from 2nd surgery so I ended up having it taken out and then later replaced. I gained back to 225 during that time but am at 177 now so I am on track.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4716 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5879 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6215 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6282 views