Considering Lapband

sgarland
on 5/21/13 1:32 pm

Hi all.  I'm new here and am considering having the Lapband surgery.  I'm very curious as to the cost as that will determine whether or not I can have it.  My insurance has an exclusion on it for weight loss surgery so it won't cover it.  Thanks for any help.

defygravity
on 6/2/13 1:20 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

Have you gone to one of the info sessions that the hospitals put on?  They will give you all of the options for surgey that the provide.  I'm having the sleeve done in July by Dr. White at Immanuel.  

There is a lot of information on this site.  The forums are great to read for most any question you have.  Good luck.

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Tracy D.
on 6/25/13 5:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Check out the Lap BAND surgical forum - it will have a lot of great information on there for you.  And you'll probably get more feedback than posting to this one. 

Tracy

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Linda K.
on 7/10/13 7:13 am - Omaha, NE

Just wondering why the Lapband?   Does your insurance cover other forms of weight loss surgery?  Just curious because I had the VBG back in 2004 and I am finding that just restriction wasn't enough for me.   Please everyone, don't get me wrong.  I just am curious and interested.  I am not dissing any form of surgery.  Any form that works for the patient is wonderful.   There are times that insurance will cover is you appeal their decision and work with your doctor.  I know there are some great form letters on this site  that you can use to send to the insurance company that may help them change their minds.

Thanks and best of luck to you.

Linda 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4709 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5876 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6210 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6278 views