So how is everyone doing with the holidays approaching?

bamma2006
on 11/30/11 7:00 pm - Nottingham, NH
Hi all...

This is sometimes a tough time of year for weight loss patients! I know that for many years I struggled, but it is getting much easier. I even made it through a cruise and only gained 1.2, which I have lost!  It is hard though, so maybe everyone could give some advise to those who are finding it hard. 

My thing is just to make it through each day, each hour, each minute.  It is harder for me now because I am home and not working (ugh).  I know that it is a no-no, but sugar free gum has become my friend.  Sometimes all I need is that chewing sensation, and I am good.  I really like the dessert flavors that they have come out with.  Orange creme and apple pie are my favorite.  I also do  not even go down the candy aisles in any store, the smell really does me in. 

How about the rest of you?  Any tips?

Above all, enjoy the season!  Don't make it about food, but about friends, family, and sharing.
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Sookie77
on 12/4/11 7:58 pm - Milton, NH
Well this is my first year that I may not dump, although I am not trying to pu****   I am in charge of our holiday spread for 130 people so I am going to have to be real careful.  I have found that if I make something for treats I need to do it the morning of so I am not tempted to try any of it.  

I make fudge to sell and donate for the troops, and that would be my downfall, but as soon as I make it I get it out of the house.  Even if I just put it out in the van. 

As for the spread I am making sure there is plenty of protein and that I have plenty to drink.  I hope things go well for you Hugs.

Laurie

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 449 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 782 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1544 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5013 views