A little bummed

bamma2006
on 3/15/12 9:53 pm - Nottingham, NH
So I was having a lot of symptoms like heartburn, acid reflux and getting stuck many times on foods I normally could eat. I said something in group on Monday, and both Nancy and Jessica indicated that it was more than likely that my band was too tight and it would be the best thing to go and have some fluid taken out.  After not being able to eat yogurt on Wednesday, I called and made an appointment. They got me right in on Thursday, and when Dr. Gens talked to me, he thought it was best to take out all of my fills because my band was too tight, and it was best to have it empty and let my pouch heal.  So now 7 ccs of fills gone, I have no restriction at all, but on a more positive note, today was the first day I woke up feeling no heartburn or acid reflux. 

So now I just have to give my pouch time to heal, and not give myself the freedom and permission to eat everything and anything.  This will prove just how well I have changed my behaviors.
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Sookie77
on 3/16/12 4:09 am - Milton, NH
Martha,
  I hope you feel better soon.  You can do this and you have changed.  Take it one day at a time and know we are all here for you.

Hugs
Laurie

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

gotsnqw
on 3/17/12 12:56 am
this is when you prove that YOU have done the weight loss not just the tool. i know you can do this .. if you need anything just call!

There is no need to look back unless you plan on going that way!

Denise R.
on 3/29/12 12:09 am, edited 3/29/12 12:50 am - Manchester, NH
Hi, You can do it. I suffered from some severe reflux last summer and had all the fill removed from my band. All summer I was on my own. I learned quickly that the band still helped me even empty. If I were to eat too fast or to much it told me. I did have to be careful so I didn't gain weight. But keep moving and watch it carefully and you can do it. I even lost a little during this time. I've actually had a harder time this winter with motivation to keep moving but with the weather getting better it should help. Keep a positive attitude YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

bamma2006
on 3/29/12 9:05 pm - Nottingham, NH
thanks Denise..

It is so nice to hear from someone who has gone through this and "survived"!  I have been dealing with hunger more than I would like to, but have maintained my weight, so I am doing okay.  I actually gained more when my band was too tight!  I have to admit, I am feeling so much better, no heartburn, no reflux, and no sliming or getting sick.  I do still feel a very little bit of restriction like you said, especially if I eat to fast or too much.  I have really stepped up the gym time, and even started running again.  I am just a little frustrated that in doing that I have not lost, but I am also very thankful that I have not gained either! I have an appointment in April to start having more fill put back in, but it will be slow.  I will keep a very positive attitude though! 

Thanks so much for posting! I will let you know how I am doing.

Martha
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Denise R.
on 3/30/12 12:21 am - Manchester, NH
Martha,

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I know the fear and knowing others go thru some of the same is comforting and finding out that your band still helps even empty is encouraging. I can never have a lot of fill due to my reflux. I currently have 6 cc's and probably can't have much more. I really want to get down to 144 (just so I can prove to myself I can do it) but its hard when you know you can eat more. So its the old will power and making the right food choices. I have started a running program (I found an app for my i-phone) it takes you thru the steps to train for a 5K race. I'm not going to race but I do like how it takes you from walking then a short splan of running then back to walking increasing over time. It talks me trough it while I listen to music. Please know that you are not alone and keep me posted how you are doing.

Denise

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 446 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 777 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1537 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5008 views