Summer Cold/Illness & Nutrition

AngelaEsq
on 7/31/06 4:03 am - Toms River, NJ
I have been more discriminatory with what I place into my body lately. I really want to live a lifestyle w/o extra preservatives, hormones and chemicals. This was solidified by my recent experience with horrible doctors down here in Ocean, when trying to treat my PCOS, and I realize I have to keep eating healthy to stay healthy and not have to see these idiots. (Historically doctors and lawyers do not get along; therefore, I am predisposed for this prejudice). I have been looking more into alternative medicine, and such, and have changed my supplements and that seems to be working for the PCOS. That being said, I'm a little under the weather, and my first thought was, hm, I'm sick I can eat whatever I want. HELLO?!?! How SICK is that thinking? I immediately went to Stop & Shop and purchased pineapple, blueberries, veggie burgers and green beans. Why pump a sick body with items to make me feel worse? Angie
IdaMae D.
on 7/31/06 5:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Angie, My daugher suffers from PCOS, which of course was passed on by me to her. Would you share the information, suppliments you've found helpful for the PCOS. Any information would be great...she is getting married in October and they want to have children soon after that. God Bless, Angel
AngelaEsq
on 7/31/06 8:20 am - Toms River, NJ
Being that I'm not a doctor, first your daughter should consult an endcrinologist. However, I also find www.soulcysters.com and http://members.aol.com/marykateroget/#Ant to be a really wonderful resources. I am looking to start up/find a support group in NJ. Angela
joei681
on 8/2/06 10:22 am - Hopatcong, NJ
Hello Angela - I too have a summer cold given to me by my lovely 6 yr old daughter- the worse is finding something to take for it - i will be seeing my surgeon 2morrow for my lil over 7 months check up - hope he can recommend something - along with the cold i had a serious ase of the runs i started takking some diluted gatorade and it actually help - thanks forletting me ramble -Jo
Most Active