Anyone have any info on these Jersey Docs?

Peggie
on 9/19/09 9:22 am
Dr. Morris Washington from Freehold is my surgeon.  I had RNY on August 12.  I like the response from the staff - I get a call back immediately when I have a problem, no matter what time I call - even in the middle of the night.  The staff is friendly.  There is a NUT on staff.  Washington does ALL the surgery and scopes.  My PCP recommended him.  I've been very happy.
Peggie            
candiegirl
on 9/19/09 2:26 pm, edited 9/20/09 12:25 am - Vineland, NJ

I just got approved and I'm schedule for 10/21,.  My bestfriend recommended her doctor Michael Bilof he does both LapBand and Bypass surgeries he has 2 office one in Millburn and one in Toms River the staff is awesome they take most insurance I have BCBS and they only pay 70% and he agreed to take the 70% minus my deductible. My friend had the bypass and has lost 170+ lbs since 2007 and she looks great, but I have decided to get the LapBand.
I've seen 2 other dr's the 1st one I saw I went to his seminar which was very informative so I  made an appointment with him on the spot. So you had an option to see him directly or his assitant so I requested to see him but when went my appointment he had his assistant talk to me instead and she couldn't answer some of my ?'s which was bad. The last Dr talk to me and my husband like I was just another number very rushie and his staff was so rude to the other patients right in front of me I couldn't believe it. So I went back to Dr Bilof and I'm a month away from my surgery. I recommend you take your support person with you and ask alot of ?'s so here's there Millburn number 973-218-1990.  Good luck!

cellodiva
on 9/24/09 12:11 am
Hi...I live on the NW side of New Jersey, and don't forget about the PA hospitals.  I had my procedure done and Lehigh Valley in Allentown, as an hour from my house and the care was GREAT!  Surgeon was Dr. Rovito, he was awesome.  I never cared for the old Dover General Hosp. and last time I was an inpatient with one of my kids Morristown was awful.  I don't know where you live, but I wanted a certain type of persoon with a good sense of humor and lots of experience. and this man was a g-dsend.   The hospital is ASBSC (or whatever) certified - I know for Aetna it has to be.  Good Luck!  
SwillaZ
on 10/1/09 11:48 pm

I had my RNY on 9/16/09 with Dr. Ajay Goyal and his associate Dr. Doug Forrester.  They have offices in Union and Hoboken, NJ. 

My surgery went very smoothly, without any complications.  Done at Overlook, Dr. Goyal, who is the director up there, organized a "wing" of rooms dedicated to bari-patients.  It's private, the nurse/staff were wonderful and I was out in two days.

I would highly recommend this practice.  They are experienced, professional and I trusted my life with them.  I'm glad I did!

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I may not reach them,
   but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they   
   lead."   Louisa May Alcott      
penthilisea
on 11/2/09 5:10 am - Milford, NJ
Don't know if this is too late but Dr. Jean Baptiste did my surgery when he was still with Fares, at St. Francis in Trenton. He was awesome, really nice guy who did a terrific job all the way through.

My mom had her lap band at Lehigh Valley hospital and is doing well too (it's only been a few months for her, I'm 3 years out).

Hope this helps!
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Most Active