Peer to Peer Support Group

Sheri A.
on 1/31/12 6:51 pm
First Saturday Support is a peer to peer run support group that meets the first Saturday of each month at RWJ Fitness in Scotch Plains from 10:30 - noon. It was founded in March 2007 by two bariatric patients and has grown over the last 5 years to a wonderful group of caring and supportive people who discuss many different topics pertaining to bariatrics. Everyone is welcome, we are a co-ed group and all types of surgery is represented, pre ops are encouraged! The facility has free childcare and you can work out afterwards, there is an olympic size pool, a therapy pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room, locker rooms and all sorts of equipment available! We are not affiliated with any doctor or hospital and sometimes have guest speakers/presentations. We meet again this Saturday, February 4, and will have a guest speaker for part of the meeting! Address of the fitness center is: 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd, 07076. Email: firstsaturdaysuppport@gmail for further information! Hope to see you there!
Mari-Carrillo
on 2/25/12 9:51 pm - NJ
 When will be the next meeting? I live in Rahway and I'm looking for support group.   I'm 13 days post op for gastric sleeve .... 
Sheri A.
on 2/25/12 10:07 pm
Hi!
Thanks so much for your inquiry! Congrats on your surgery and making the brave decision to change your life! First Saturday Support will be celebrating our 5th year anniversary next Saturday, March 3 at 10:30 at the RWJ Fitness Center in Scotch Plains! Email me at:
[email protected] and I will put you on the distribution list. I cannot wait to meet you and help you be a successful loser! I had RNY in 2006 and it was the best thing I ever did! Sorry I hadn't done it sooner but I am not only thinner but a better and happier person.

Sheraine
Most Active